10.09.2006

Some of my past events



In 2002, I founded a non-profit art collective Deep Green Robots which threw several events to celebrate dance culture and eco-friendly technology. We produced a handful of events over the course of 2 years and folded in 2004. After putting together our annual Pear Tree Party, I've realized that I really miss producing events, and I want to something special this year or maybe in the spring. I was looking at some of our past DGRDG events tonight and wanted to share a few of my favourite nights.

event: Dreaming of Electric Feet
theme: robot exoskeletons
visuals: dgr crew
djs: MYAGI, The Electrician, mental floss, J-MAT, tommysmalls, AZAKITE

event: Samurai Sizzle
theme: ancient vs. modern japan
visuals: dgr crew
djs: JELO, KAMIKAZE, J-MAT, DJ Finch, Myagi,College Radio



event: Sexy Energy
theme: wind energy
visuals: dgr crew
djs: HIBERNATE, S.O.S., STEVE YANKO, J-MAT, ATOMIC, MYAGI, LYPHE, DOUBLECROSS, TOMMYSMALLS, THE VIBE MONKEY, NY GHOST



event: Green House
theme: global warming
visuals: dgr crew
djs: DJ Finch, J-Mat, Myagi, Unabomber



event: Invasion from Planet X
theme: space travel and extraterrrestrials
visuals: dgr crew
djs: Caspian, SOS, Steve Yanko, Hibernate, Number 9



visual crew: Andrew Bacchus, Sunny Fong, Charles, Marc Shapiro, & Brandon Flowers.